Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween!

Halloween was always a big production in my family. Towards the end of September, we'd decorate the house with jack-o-lanterns, ghosts, witches, fall leaves, spider webs and spooky candles. At night, my dad would tell my sisters and I scary stories by the flickering lights of the pumpkins. My mom would make us awesome costumes from thrift store finds and old clothes: Gypsy Fortune Teller, Miss Moffett, Sorceress, Witch, Calamity Jane, and Princess Leia--I've become them all for one night a year.


However, I must confess that my Princess Leia costume complete with lopsided buns was one of my favorite get ups. As a child I was just a tad obsessed with Star Wars; green was my favorite color (note the fabulous green outfit) because that was the color of Luke's (second) light saber!


But this year I am celebrating my other sci fi obsession: one slightly wrinkled Star Trek selfie for 2015! Live long and prosper, folks. May the candies be with you.


P.S. Please enjoy this spooktacular Halloween poem, "The Ghost of a Flower."

No comments:

Post a Comment