Jackie is also an amazing comic book artist and writer! You can check out the adventures of Kay, a girl whose best friend just happens to be a skeleton, at www.kayandp.com
Monday, March 24, 2014
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Note: I have used this activity as an introductory exercise at the beginning of my English classes, but I think it works well as a character analysis exercise, too.
A word is not a crystal, transparent and unchanged; it is the skin of a living thought and may vary greatly in color and content according to the circumstances and time in which it is used.-Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Directions: Please write a short paragraph about the word that best represents your life right now. Summarize the definition and explain how it represents your identity.
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
I find it sometimes helps me to write when I assign a musical theme for each chapter. Below is my track list for my current fairytale WIP, packed with splendiferous artists!
0. “Iceland” by Sean Dockery/ "White" as Diamonds by Alela Diane
1. “Someone said goodbye” by Enya/ “My Immortal” by Evanescence
2. “Crystallize” by Lindsey Stirling
3. “Hunter” by Bjork
4. “What else is there?” by Royskopp
5. “Strange Encounter” by the Green Children
6. “Symphony of Dreams” by Kitaro
7. “Cry of the forest” by Forest Elves
8. “Flamants Roses” by Vangelis
9. “Zen, Light and Silence” by Sambodi Prem
10. “Huljic: Duel” by Bond
11. “The Rose of Winter” by Nox Arcana
12. “The Frozen World” by Emilie Simon