Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Progress Report Nonillion (1+30 zeroes)

Today, after much procrastination, I hit the 30,000 word mark on a draft I'm working on. Yay, right? I know many of the words are so-so and will need to be revised or outright annihilated, not to mention I'm missing at least 30,000 additional words. But I've made it halfway. Now I have to finish it, or the protagonist will never forgive me, not after the royal mess I got him into! And as anyone with Scribbler's Syndrome can attest, you don't want the character voices sharing your brain to hold grudges against you.

"Halfway" is such a charged word. It's like a coin rolling on the edge, a fifty-fifty chance of tails or heads, win or lose. But sooner or later the coin is going to fall, so you know you have to take the chance.

I'm a Facebook fan of the amazing writer Paulo Coelho, which means I get these nifty updates. Today's nugget of wisdom is "The visible is always a mirror of the invisible. The reality is imagined before it manifests itself / Lo visible es siempre un espejo de lo invisible. La realidad es imaginada antes de revelarse."

Thelonius, we're halfway to manifestation! Or a manuscript, anyway. Splendid.

Work Cited:

Coelho, Paulo. Retrieved June 23, 2010 from:
http://www.facebook.com/paulocoelho?v=feed&story_fbid=189638762807

No comments:

Post a Comment